Monday, July 27, 2015

EFT for Methamphetamine Addiction - Yasmin, Third Session

In a continuing series of articles written just after the treatment, this is Yasmin's important third session of EFT, or Emotional Freedom Techniques. The session was only 16 minutes, as Yasmin only had a short break from work, but we achieved a start on a central issue causing stress, and so it was worth it.

We started tapping straight away, tapping on ourselves something as follows.

    "Even though I have this addiction, I deeply love and accept myself"; when Yasmin interrupted with "I am starting to accept myself", and so we changed it to that.
    "Even though I have this addiction, I allow healing to help me. I am making progress and choose to be proud of myself."
    "Even though on the road to recovery, sometimes we slip and fall, I don't need to concentrate on the bad days, it's not helpful. I release the guilt and shame, and I choose to concentrate on the good days. I choose to be proud of the good days."

And we carried on with: "Even though I have this addiction, I am willing to consider that I am an emotional person, just like everybody else. And I am open to the suggestion that I have negative emotions that the Tik drugs or distracts me from, and that by releasing these negative emotions, I will find peace. I choose to release the first emotion that comes to my head, on the count of three; 1, 2, 3"... And Yasmin immediately started a release with tears, so I started tapping on her as she continued releasing whilst telling me the story. Her child's father had walked out on them recently. I encouraged her to tell me about it as I tapped, and then wrapped it up as we were approaching the time she should leave to go back to work. By then she was a lot calmer. I instructed her to tap on all the points as she told herself the story, when she got back home.

We finished with a calming Reiki treatment for three minutes, and made another appointment. Yasmin contacted me later to say that she was feeling better and that she had a craving at one point sometime after our appointment but was able to let it pass. One step at a time, Yasmin is walking in the right direction on the road to recovery. If you are a user or help drug users in their recovery, I hope this gives you optimism in the way forward with the new tapping techniques such as EFT.

No comments:

Post a Comment